Lifetime Limited Warranty
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. offers this limited warranty to customers who use Factory Racing Parts lubricants in their vehicles. This limited warranty covers the lubricant and critical engine parts the lubricant is intended to protect. Lubrication Technologies, Inc. warrants its lubricants to be free from defects and that the lubricant you purchased will protect your vehicle’s critical engine parts from oil-related failure, provided proper oil change interval recommendations and correct installation procedures are followed.
You should always follow the oil change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty. Refer to your owner’s manual for warranty stipulations if the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: overly dirty or dusty conditions; extremely humid or wet conditions in which the engine could be exposed to submerging or excessive water; frequent hauling or towing of loads that near, meet or exceed vehicle recommendations; racing; commercial applications that require extensive mileage or frequent starting and stopping; disproportionate idling; or long periods of un-use.
General Warranty Terms
- Limited lifetime of the lubricant.
- Guarantees critical engine parts the lubricant is intended to protect during the oil change interval recommended in the owner’s manual.
- Oil must be within 5 years of purchase date.
- Proper oil changes must be performed every 12 months or less.
- Proof of purchase must be provided.
- If a warranty claim is submitted, the burden of proof of lubricant failure or mechanical failure caused by the lubricant, is the responsibility of the warranty claimant. The claimant must notify Lubrication Technologies, Inc. prior to the submission of the claim. Please call 877-793-9359 for details. Upon submission of claim, Lubrication Technologies, Inc. reserves the right to verify the claim through fluid testing and in an engine testing facility.
- This warranty is only valid for vehicles that are operated exclusively in the United States and the District of Columbia.
What we will do to correct problems
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. will replace any lubricant that is defective. In addition, if there is equipment failure due to the lubricant you purchased, and the engine was serviceable at the time the oil was installed, Lubrication Technologies, Inc. will repair or replace (at Lubrication Technologies, Inc. option) any equipment damage directly caused by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant, at no cost to you, provided that the lubricant was selected and maintained in accordance with specifications of the OEM or the written instructions (which includes product packaging) of Lubrication Technologies, Inc.
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) CLAIM FOR THE REIMBURSEMENT OF “QUALIFIED REPAIR EXPENSES” THAT YOU ACTUALLY PAY TO REPAIR COVERED DAMAGES. “Qualified Repair Expenses” are defined as (1) actual parts and labor expenses necessarily incurred to repair damaged Engine Parts only, which shall be no more than the time to make repairs or to replace the Engine Parts allocated by a nationally recognized industry accepted flat rate guide times (x) the commercial repair shop’s posted hourly rate, plus (+), if necessary, the reasonable cost of a replacement engine part of like kind and quality; and (2) expenses incurred within the warranty coverage duration as stated above.
To file a warranty claim, the following requirements must be met:
- Within 6 months of the discovery of the damage, contact Lubrication Technologies, Inc. at 877-793-9359
- The burden of proof of lubricant failure or mechanical failure caused by the lubricant, is the responsibility of the warranty claimant.
- A representative of Lubrication Technologies, Inc. must be given the opportunity to view the equipment and maintenance records, if available, to determine the extent of damage.
- A representative of Lubrication Technologies, Inc. must be given the opportunity to obtain a lubricant sample from the engine at no cost to you.
- Lubrication Technologies, Inc. reserves the right to verify the claim through fluid testing and in an engine testing facility. The responsibility of transporting the engine or vehicle to the engine testing facility is solely on the claimant.
Not Covered by Warranty
This limited warranty does not cover the following conditions
- Repair and/or replacement of engine parts due to normal wear and/or outside of the warranty period of the part, if applicable.
- Improper installation of lubricant-related parts (such as, but not limited to, filters and drain plugs).
- Equipment failure from a pre-existing condition unrelated to the lubricant.
- Lubricants used in mechanically faulty equipment due to abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment or accident; or, if modifications are performed on equipment without written authorization from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- Situations where the OEM required lubricant standards do not match those stated by Lubrication Technologies, Inc. without written approval from Lubrication Technologies, Inc..
- Lubricants used with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by Lubrication Technologies, Inc.
- Incidental costs, such as transportation costs related to transporting the vehicle or engine to Lubrication Technologies, Inc., including mileage, accommodations, towing, car rental, transportation fares, and other costs associated with travel.
- This Warranty does not cover vehicles modified for, or used in competitive events, or which are subject to abnormal driving conditions.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Refer to the laws of your specific state of residency for guidance.
THE REMEDY PROVIDED HERE WILL BE YOUR ONLY RECOVERY AGAINST LUBRICATION TECHNOLOGIES INC. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (FOR EXAMPLE, TRANSPORTATION COSTS TO AND FROM THE LUBRICATION TECHNOLOGIES INC. REPRESENTATIVE FOR INSPECTION OF THE EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF USE, TOWING CHARGES, BUS FARE, CAR RENTALS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES) OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (THE COST OF REPAIRING OR REPLACING OTHER PROPERTY WHICH WAS DAMAGED WHEN THE LUBRICANT WAS DEFECTIVE). ANY CLAIM IS LIMITED TO $10,000, OR THE ACTUAL CASH VALUE OF THE ELIGIBLE VEHICLE, WHICHEVER IS LESS. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AND NONE SHALL BE IMPLIED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY.